Voice of the Customer
Voice of the Customer (VoC) programs enable you to build better products and
deliver better services, driving business growth.
What is Voice of the Customer?
Voice of the Customer is about listening to the customer in different touchpoints across the customer journey.
A Voice of the Customer program is about collecting, analyzing, sharing and acting on the data that matters the most in driving growth for your business. VoC data can be divided by the type of customer feedback; direct, indirect and inferred. After capturing data, VoC program disseminates relevant information to the right person, at the right time, in the right channel, enabling better decision making, product development and customer loyalty.
A Voice of the Customer program has four stages:
- Capture feedback data across several touchpoints – discrete link to surveypal frontpage
- Analyze the data to get the big picture
- Act on insights delivered by data analysis
- Monitor the entire process and make changes whenever necessary
Why is Voice of the Customer important?
Effective Voice of the Customer programs allow you to connect and engage with customers at key points in the customer journey. Companies with successful VoC programs have better overall business performance.
Voice of the Customer programs enable you to:
- Get a detailed understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations and improve your products and services
- Improve customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty
- Gather insight on new product ideas and features
- Cut through the noise and drive ROI by identifying what really matters to your business
How to capture VoC feedback
Successful Voice of the Customer programs are designed based on company needs, available resources and desired outcomes. To get insights from Voice of the Customer initiatives you need to be tracking the metrics that make sense for your business. You can use one or more of these three common methods based on your company's needs:
Surveys, complaints, market research or panels. Read more...
Social listening, review sites and text analytics applied to customer care interactions.
Website clickstream data, purchase history or contact center data.
Learn more about the Voice of the Customer
Curious to know more about Surveypal?
Find out how customer experience managers around the world use Surveypal to capture the voice of the customer.